Tiger Woods an iconic golf legend won his 15 th Major Title on Sunday, April 14, 2019. What was remarkable is that the win had come after over ten years. His last title was in 2008. Many of sports lovers need no reminders on his struggles in coming back. His injuries and health issues were almost ruling him out from playing. But he has finally overcome the setback of scandals, divorce, loss of contracts etc to win against new intense competition. Young players are hitting much longer than Tiger in drives, they are highly motivated and physically super fitness. A huge challenge for someone who had not won a major title in ten years and some times missed the cut.
There is a lot to learn from his inspiring story. My own learnings are
- You can make mistakes and serious poor judgements that can be a cause of disaster to your personal life.
- Events in personal life can have a serious impact on your professional life. After the scandal and divorce, Tiger lost his playing skills and judgement it seems. He lost matches and finished way behind others. Conclusion makes sure that personal life plays a positive role.
- Follow your passion and remain committed. That is the only way you can overcome all the setbacks. Have belief in your ability to fight.
- Learn adapt and change. Tiger reconfigured his shot making and approach. Kept learning from his failures and adapting.
- Once you are already in an iconic leadership role, indiscretion is to be avoided. Staying humble with feet on the ground is more important.
I am sure that we can use learning from the reemergence of Tiger as a golf hero in our life and or business.