Make your day more productive
One of the most significant challenges in the new connected world working 24/7, is managing stress it causes? Despite working hard, we are always short of time and late for appointments as well as targeted timelines.
Here are a few simple steps that may help:
- Do not blame the nature which has been so kind to give all of us, the same amount of minutes in 24 hours. Believe that it’s up to you to make the best use of this limited resource.
2. Make a list of all the activities you are engaged and the time spent on these. Do it for a week at the minimum, to understand where your time is being spent.
3. Calculate the value of your time in Rupees per minute. Use your monthly earning as a base.
4. Review the list in # 2 above and evaluate the cost of time spent by you on each activity using per hour price in # 3 above.
5. Now eliminate all such events which are not worthy of the cost of your time. Find alternative ways or delegate these activities if you cannot completely remove.
6. Plan your day on previous evening/night. Make a list of critical tasks and activities for the next day. Prioritise based on importance, impact, and urgency. Review if any of these can be delegated/ outsourced?
7. Be focused and review the plan of the day every 3 hours during the day.
8. Avoid distractions like social media during work hours. Have defined time slots for e-mails to ensure focus on important agenda of the day.
There is no magic wand for managing time. It’s all up to you on how and where you are investing your minutes. Every minute counts. Make it count!
– By Naren Ambwani for Zeus
Next: Make Good Decisions