Here are few more situations from golf which are so true in business management and life as well.
- Luck plays a role many a time by favorable breaks or bounce of the ball. But, a good player learns to manage to play well by understanding the situations and playing accordingly. Selects the right club (resource) and hits the ball in the right place. So does a good manager in business selects the right resources and employs them well to handle a situation.
- At times you may get frustrated, but you need to learn to forget bad shots and move on and play next shot.
- When in difficulty you have two choices double down, take a big risk by trusting your instincts or bail out by playing a safe shot to minimise loss. Is it not the same in business? You double down by investing big behind a project or an idea.
- Each shot requires full concentration, focus, selection of the right club and finally correct execution. Same is true for success in business right strategy, right resources, right investments and right execution.
- The only way you can play a better game of golf is to practice and improve your skills constantly. Learn from a coach who can observe and help you correct your errors and advise you on your swing and short game of golf. Similarly, you may seek a coach to help improve your leadership and managerial skills.
- Golf is all about constant learning and endeavors to improve. So true, also in business management!
- You make your best friends at golf because you so much spend time together. Same is true in life.
For additional reading