Former CEO/Executive Director | 35+ Years in Corporate MNCs / Now Mentor & Guide
● Ravi is a an experienced senior management professional, with over 35 years of executive experience
● He has held national, regional, and global leadership roles, most recently as Executive Director at Tata Motors.
● Renowned for his strategic thinking, coaching and mentoring abilities, which have been developed over a diverse career spanning large companies, multiple industries and an overseas posting in Singapore
● Served as Executive Director, Commercial Vehicles at Tata Motors from 2012 to 2017, leading the BU to a strong No 1 leadership market position in India, and expanding the global business footprint to build a sizable overseas presence (15% P&L contribution) in >40 countries.
● Prior to this, Ravi served as the President, Commercial Vehicles from 2009 to 2012, having initially joined Tata Motors in 2007 as Vice President, Sales and Marketing.
● From 2004 to 2007, Ravi was the Global Marketing Director for the Motorcycles and Scooter categories at British Petroleum (BP). He was based in Singapore and a member of the Global Marketing Leadership.
● He had initially joined Castrol India (prior to their acquisition by BP) in 1999 as Vice President, Marketing, before being subsequently elevated to Regional Marketing Director for the region comprising India, Middle East, Africa and Turkey.
● Began his career in 1981 with Philips India, starting as a grassroots Sales Executive. By the time he departed the company in 1999, he had risen to Vice President, heading Consumer Electronics, the company’s largest division in India.
● Holds an Engineering Degree (B.Tech) in Electronics from IIT Kharagpur and an MBA (PGDM) from IIM, Calcutta.
● He has also completed the Executive Program from INSEAD, Singapore
Industry and Professional Affiliations
● Vice President, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), 2015-2017
● Chairman, Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) 2013-2014,
● Member, Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC), 2009-2013
● Member, Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) 1999-2004
● Panelist at the 2017 Business Forum on the topic of ‘Unlocking Asia’s next growth engines – ASEAN and India”, by invitation of the Singapore Government
● With a view to keep in touch with the business world and modern paradigms, Ravi is pursuing academic engagements in management institutes such as SP Jain Institute and IIM Calcutta among others.
● He is keenly developing his interests as a Coach/Mentor and as an HR/Strategy Consultant with various companies. He is on the Mentor Panel of Huddle, an innovative co-working incubation centre for Start-Ups at Cyber City, Gurgaon.