Vijayalakshmi Rao, (Viji), an MBA from IIM, Ahmedabad has over 30 years’ experience in industry, consulting and entrepreneurship. Earlier a Director and COO at Scope e-Knowledge Center, she currently offers mentoring and business advisory services to help entrepreneurs scale their business.
- Mentor/Business Advisor for women entrepreneurs trained by Indian School of Business as part of Goldman Sachs’ 10000 Women Program.
- Associated with TiE, Chennai and NEN as a Mentor for entrepreneurs.
- With the belief ‘Aspiration and mentorship can make leadership happen’, has successfully mentored women to take up leadership positions in a reputed ITES organisation.
- Till 2011, was Director and Chief Operating Officer of Scope e-Knowledge Center Pvt. Ltd., a global Knowledge Process Outsourcing organization. As head of Operations, was instrumental in ensuring world-class quality and delivery of all database, content development and research projects. Also steered the Human Resource function playing a critical role in driving HR strategies. As part of the Board, helped shape the company’s strategic vision and future direction.
- Prior to joining Scope in 1999, worked in Steel Authority of India Ltd, S.B. Billimoria & Co, and TI Cycles of India, part of the Murugappa Group.
Other Interests & Accomplishments
- Advisor & Co-founder of Empowering Women in IT (eWIT) a voluntary forum that seeks to enhance the share & sustainability of women in the IT/ITES industry.
- Works for ‘Association for Non-Traditional Employment for Women’ (ANEW), an NGO that trains under-privileged girls and helps them find employment in the formal sector.
- Charter Member of TiE, Chennai.